Sunday, September 01, 2013

Happy 56th Independence Day

As much as I dislike the governing party, Malaysia is where my heart is.

So much potential for our country to prosper but sadly all efforts and resources are siphoned to private banks in Switzerland or into shoddy projects which were never meant to be.

Countries like Korea, Japan or heck, even our neighboring Thailand have prosper way ahead of us and why is that so? Why do I say they are way ahead of us? Easy. take their 7/eleven for example. Choices aplenty, facilities on par with a fast food restaurant. They are known as Koreans, Japanese and Thais. That's their nationality and identity. When everyone is of the same nationality.. Then only they share the common spirit to contribute to the country. They focus on progression whereas in our country, fellow Malaysians have been denied of this very identity despite being bred and born here. Another 10-15 years down the road Banglas would have a better life than the rest of us. 

Racial issues have been here for years and will continue till God knows how long. Same old shit. When can we shed the race issue and just be known as Malaysian? We all know the answer but are afraid to voice it out. Despite our grievances, we still work and contribute to the country all the same. I believe no one is superior than the other because in the end, in front of God, we will be judged the same. 

Any one notice the lack of celebration or enthusiasm in this year'a Merdeka Day? I did and well, I guess it's accounted for. What have the government done to make us celebrate this special occasion? Instead of focusing in unity, divide and conquer has been the main agenda. 

Am glad I have the chance to work in Sabah. Over here, you are free to drink alcohol in the presence of your Muslim friends and they dont kick a fuss. A restaurant can have hawker stalls serving non halal and halal food under the same roof. And when there are times when I doubt my profession, local patients, old inans and mans ( the real kadazan/murut/dusun aunties and uncles) remind me that they need my service cos if everyone wants to migrate elsewhere, who is going to treat them..

Nevertheless, thank you Malaysia for the good variety of food, the diversity of friends I have, the good weather all year long (though I wish sometimes for it to snow) and the many holidays we all get to celebrate together.

Will still love you the same. 💖

No comments: