Tuesday, May 05, 2015

People nowadays

It has been a long time since I started blogging. Haha

And what brought me here today, typing at 20km/hr  (fine, exaggerated) is how irrational people nowadays can be, in this case, green zone patients.

Sorry (but not sorry, really) the first post after a year had to be a rant post. So desperate am I to rant that I actually cracked my sleepy head at 3.15am thinking of my password for blogger and configure it on my phone, with instructions in Spanish ( I am not joking).

Parents who bring their kids/children to Accident and Emergency department at 3 am in the morning, just because their 5 year old kid started having cough. COUGH for God's sake. Is it even an emergency? Why can't they wait another 3-4 hours till it's morning? What's the emergency I can't fathom? 

That, or COUGH for a week. But still decided to visit A&E at 2 am, when the parents could have seek treatment earlier, just because her child can't sleep. So the rest of the hospital should accompany your child by not sleeping? 😥

Either that, complaints will be vomit for 1 episode. ONE episode at 3.30am and mum decided to wake the entire family up and go to the A&E. Wheee.

I'm really not that bitter seeing patients but just detest people misusing the A&E. There are alternatives like 24 hours clinics or Out patient department (in the morning).

I was brought up by very practical parents. We go to clinic after 2-3 days of illness and rarely seek treatment in the hospital unless require surgical intervention. Even if vomiting or diarrhea involved, I would rather stay and rest at home. So, I dont understand how parents nowadays think.

Doctors are human too. We work night shifts, yes, but frequently on double shifts a day. So, we rather see patients that really need emergency consultation and treatment, not GP cases.

With that said and done, you have a good day too. 😁😊

Love,
Munsterleech.

No comments: