Friday, May 31, 2013

May 5th

Bought a last minute ticket, post night call, had to drive down to KK from Keningau, and catch a flight back home for the weekend .. All the hassle .. Just to vote!

A week before this decision, I had the thought of "why the hassle? I'm sure there're others voting in my constituency" but then it dawned upon me, after reading all the articles (non biased reports of course), that the future of our country is at stake ;(
Tears of disappointment and sadness blurred the eyes reading those articles.

The feeling of voting with the family is definitely one to remember. Together we share the same sentiments. Enough of injustice. Time to change.

And it was a long day indeed. Results were only out at 12mn, surrounded by controversies (one after another).

My dad himself confronted bangladeshis with IC's at his polling station. But at last, there's nothing can be done when those banglas are holding "legitimate" IC's. I sincerely hope they cause much social problems, able to attend schools locally, fight with the locals for employment opportunities and maybe thennnnnnn the government will see what they had done!

I believe majority of Malaysians with even half the brains just want an end to corruption and cronyism. (those without brains we all know voted for who)

But like an article I read says, "the fight for democracy is a long way" .. Cites aung yang suu kyi, Nelson Mandela ..
Just hope our country is not bankrupt by the next election.

On another note, my heart swells with pride seeing how patriotic my fellow countrymen stood up on supporting the RIGHT cause.

The blue party might have won the election but they lose the people's hearts. And further digged their own graves by citing racial issues.

Election might be over. Same ruling party doing the same shits (please change my mind by fulfilling the manifestos you have promised) and I'm still doing my work as usual but the love for my country have never change.

Proud to be Malaysian. 

No comments: